ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Slower Planes And Charging For Bathrooms

<< < (6/6)

crabby3:
Now I didn't know that jet fuel and diesel were alike. Never too late to learn something new  :)
-Shades (August 02, 2013, 10:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

They both have that sweet smell of kerosene (yuk) but that's it.  Jet-A1 (commercial) or JP5 (military) are way too dry (less oil) to use in a diesel engine.
If you did... you would be replacing fuel pumps on a regular basis.  ;D

crabby3:
yes, but the reality seems to be different - the Europens getting less than claimed, the US version getting much more - at least is was for the expample given last year (according to the links I gave). I have no idea why this was the case - doesnt make any sense to me, but there you go.
-tomos (August 04, 2013, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm skeptical of US mainstream media. It's legal in the US to lie in the news.

Also, any car can get better/worse mileage depending on a variety of factors.

But... you also have the problem of the manufacturers lying... There are no easy answers and finding out the truth is at best difficult.
-Renegade (August 04, 2013, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is also legal in the US to lie most anywhere else.  If you put a disclaimer in microscopic print on TV or in print it's legal.
If you nonchalantly say this new drug could actually kill you it's legal.  Is the US alone?  I don't think so.

Seems to be a lot more killer-drugs lately though.  Maybe it's the US way to fixing our ailing Social Security system?
By thinning the herd of baby-boomers getting set to retire?  Hopefully just coincidence or bad timing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version