ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Slower Planes And Charging For Bathrooms

<< < (4/6) > >>

tomos:
(Anyone remember the Volkswagen example? European versions of the exact same model have far higher fuel efficiency, etc.)
-Renegade (August 03, 2013, 09:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes - I remember posting info that repudiates that ;-)
(this for the third time I believe :-\)

SpoilerThis autocar.co.uk review gives it 800miles to a 70 litre fill which works out at 43 m.p.g. if my maths is correct.

I actually came across this last week somewhere, and just found it again:
Couple gets 84 mpg in Passat diesel on real roads
I think this article is mainly about the fact that if you drive about 55 mph you can save up to 23% fuel. Also here. They do use a different model (6 gears) - but the second link says that the previous record was by the model the guy in the video was talking about...
-tomos (May 25, 2012, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Renegade:
(Anyone remember the Volkswagen example? European versions of the exact same model have far higher fuel efficiency, etc.)
--- End quote ---

-tomos (August 04, 2013, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just checked again for the current Passat. US version at vw.com gets 22 mpg vs the Passat at the German site getting 57.4 mpg.

tomos:
--- End quote ---

-tomos (August 04, 2013, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just checked again for the current Passat. US version at vw.com gets 22 mpg vs the Passat at the German site getting 57.4 mpg.
-Renegade (August 04, 2013, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes, but the reality seems to be different - the Europens getting less than claimed, the US version getting much more - at least is was for the expample given last year (according to the links I gave). I have no idea why this was the case - doesnt make any sense to me, but there you go.

Renegade:
yes, but the reality seems to be different - the Europens getting less than claimed, the US version getting much more - at least is was for the expample given last year (according to the links I gave). I have no idea why this was the case - doesnt make any sense to me, but there you go.
-tomos (August 04, 2013, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm skeptical of US mainstream media. It's legal in the US to lie in the news.

Also, any car can get better/worse mileage depending on a variety of factors.

But... you also have the problem of the manufacturers lying... There are no easy answers and finding out the truth is at best difficult.

Vurbal:
...is answered by "No Attendant, I will be pissing in this water jug here!"
-TaoPhoenix (August 02, 2013, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

For those considering this option, I recommend that you practice first and that you be acutely aware of the volume of your chosen container.

While aircraft mini-wine bottles measure around 170 ml and aircraft water bottles might be as large as 330 ml, you may find that during practice a 500 ml bottle is still insufficient. :P ;D
-Renegade (August 03, 2013, 02:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
You say insufficient. I say economy urinal.
-Vurbal (August 04, 2013, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think the important question here is do they have a drain in the floor of the aircraft?
-Stoic Joker (August 04, 2013, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

They could pull out the carpeting an run gutters down the aisle. Don't expect them to provide a squeegee though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version