ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please help superboyac build a server (2013 edition).

<< < (7/31) > >>

superboyac:
(intermission)
pron:

40hz:
Question: did you ever consider laptop style drives? They  already have shock protection, don't vibrate much, or take up much space. Decent capacities and lower power requirements too. Speed shouldn't be an issue for most storage - and you can always use bigger and faster  drives where/if needed.-40hz (August 01, 2013, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I mentioned that bit earlier.
-Stoic Joker (August 01, 2013, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry. Wasn't trying to steal anybody's thunder or suggestion. Just "askin' the question." That's all. ;) :P

40hz:
(intermission)
pron: (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post)
-superboyac (August 01, 2013, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Bloody!

Although I would have done it up in full steampunk if I were gonna go to that extreme. ;D

Like so:

Please help superboyac build a server (2013 edition).    Please help superboyac build a server (2013 edition).    Please help superboyac build a server (2013 edition).

Ideally with some onsite support technician like this (although this one specializes in airships and the blending of tea IIRC):

;)

superboyac:
yes.  :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
Revisiting the bungee cord idea from 40hz (from this link):
Please help superboyac build a server (2013 edition).

I like it!  Simple to do.  Just build the brackets on the side with holes with the right spacing (probably can just find it at home depot).  I may give this one a shot.  I wonder what material I should use for the bungee, and where to get it from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version