ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Manning Verdict in: guilty on all counts but one

<< < (4/6) > >>

hhdawrs:
Manning's 'torture' sounds like a watered down version of Marine Corp training at Camp Pendleton in the day when volunteers had enough pride and self-discipline to want to tough it out instead of drowning in self-pity.  The quoted sources are obviously biased. 

They took away his glasses?  Maybe because they can be used to commit suicide?  The media would really revel in that. 

Is Solitary Confinement torture?  It also keeps other prisoners from getting to Manning.  Might have helped him when you consider his waffling on what gender he is. 

Renegade:
Manning's 'torture' sounds like a watered down version of Marine Corp training at Camp Pendleton in the day when volunteers had enough pride and self-discipline to want to tough it out instead of drowning in self-pity. -hhdawrs (August 19, 2013, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

He was put in solitary, stripped naked, and woken up once an hour "to ensure his safety". Sleep deprivation will do very bizarre things to people. But I don't know much more than that.

Might have helped him when you consider his waffling on what gender he is. -hhdawrs (August 19, 2013, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't see how that would have anything to do with a bunch of grown men stuck around other grown men wanting to strip another grown man down buck naked, then throw him in a small, confined cell where they can watch him. Seems kind of perverse to me.

The quoted sources are obviously biased. -hhdawrs (August 19, 2013, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think it's pretty hard to find unbiased sources. Reading through a broad cross-section of sources helps to get a better picture. e.g. Adding in Press TV and similar sources helps. AP and Reuters are pretty much clones of each other.

wraith808:
^ Yeah... we might want to calm that part of things down... it seems headed for basement territory.  Some people view it as torture or unreasonable punishment, especially in light of the fact that he'd not been convicted of anything and this is the US.  Some don't, and view it as just desserts of a traitor.  Let's... leave it at that.

Renegade:
^^ I thought I was pretty calm. ;D  :-[ (Dropping it either way.)

hhdawrs:
It was indeed calm.  So much so that I join Renagade's drop it. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version