ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Manning Verdict in: guilty on all counts but one

<< < (2/6) > >>

wraith808:
Manning falls on his sword.

Renegade:
Manning falls on his sword.
-wraith808 (August 15, 2013, 09:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think anyone can possibly imagine the pressure he's been under. How many years of methodical torture? Can anyone begin to imagine the sense of desperation he must be feeling?

wraith808:
That's why I said falls on his sword.  Do you *really* think that *all* of those Romans weren't urged to kill themselves?  What about coming into your office and finding a gun on the table.  

I did like the one dig he got in, however:
"Those factors are clear to me now, through both self-refection[sic]  during my confinement in various forms, and through the merits and sentencing testimony that I have seen here.

--- End quote ---

Another one that shows his level of depression, however:
In one line certain to upset those who believe Manning made a positive difference by leaking the documents, he said he now looks back at his decisions and wonders "how on earth could I, a junior analyst, possibly believe I could change the world for the better".

--- End quote ---

zridling:
From Nuremberg to Manning, the US government/Justice Department just made the case in favor of the Nazis. "I was just following orders! I had no duty to report human rights crimes that I witnessed or was ordered to participate in."

Slow clap for the evil bastards. You can now rewrite the history books and explain how the world was wrong to oppose the Nazis. Manning's a hero, as is Snowden. That's the people's verdict, and always will be.

40hz:
Nothing is more vindictive than a hypocrite and liar being caught out by his/her own hypocrisy and lies.

Our current regime has been caught out.

Expect neither justice nor mercy for Mr. Manning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version