ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

TSA Accepts Money For Hands-Off Screening

<< < (4/5) > >>

IainB:
Perhaps...but it still costs extra for a private room.
-Stoic Joker (July 30, 2013, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, there speaks the voice of experience, methinks.     :D

Tinman57:
Reading the article, I would suspect that the title and its apparently poorly-written content may be deliberately misleading so as to encourage clicks from indignant and gullible readers.
I would suggest that it is probably quite untrue that the TSA are enabling people to bypass an absolutely essential and mandatory security check by paying an $85 fee. Given the government's security imperative, it's an absurd assertion. -IainB (July 29, 2013, 09:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps you'll believe it if it's posted on the TSA.gov website.....

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck

IainB:
...  Perhaps you'll believe it if it's posted on the TSA.gov website.....
http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck
-Tinman57 (August 01, 2013, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Heh. Don't worry, I felt fairly sure it was true, and that it would have been confirmed if I had bothered to look on their website. It was "tongue-in-cheek" when I wrote:
I would suggest that it is probably quite untrue that the TSA are enabling ...
--- End quote ---
Maybe I should have put a smiley there, sorry.
Probably no amount of idiocy from the TSA would be particularly surprising to most people, given the TSA's past performance.

Renegade:
I was just reading this:

Probably no amount of idiocy from the TSA would be particularly surprising to most people, given the TSA's past performance.-IainB (August 02, 2013, 02:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

When it occurred to me that "performance" is a really nice euphemism for "crime spree". :P ;D

IainB:
...When it occurred to me that "performance" is a really nice euphemism for "crime spree". :P ;D
-Renegade (August 02, 2013, 05:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
Some people might say that (not me, you understand), but I couldn't possibly comment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version