ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

did you ever throw your back out?

<< < (3/4) > >>

app103:
I wish I could "throw my back out" in a trash bag, on the curb, and replace it with one that gives me much less troubles. And while I am at it, replace a few other problem parts.

tomos:
My back used to go out about once a year - often so badly I'd have to spend a couple of days in bed. I've never been sporty so I guess the combination of that and sitting so much at the computer didnt help. I think it was Kfitting here that recommended learning the Gokhale method (dc search if you want more info). That was 4 or 5 years ago now - since then I've had no problems. I've been occasionally doing very hard physical work, e.g. 8 hours garden work in one day this week. The fact I can do that kind of hard physical work just occasionally and 'get away with it' (keeping in mind the non-sportyness, and the mostly at the computer lifestyle) is the best testimonial I could give for any back I think ;-)

FWIW/editI think, because of my enthusiasm, some people think I'm spamming or being spammy when I post about this. I realise that peoples wariness increases in direct proportion to enthusiasm shown, but there you go - this one was a life changer for me, so I get enthusiastic :p
Be warned as well - I *will* post about this again (or link to this) in response to any future complaints about back pain. Take it or leave it ;-)

Curt:
I thought I'd start a thread related to ideas about how we should sit, stand, lift stuff even-tomos (September 07, 2008, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, every time I see something on DC that relates to this area I am reminded to make an effort.-cranioscopical (September 07, 2008, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

-----------

Besides -
I am impressed how this Gokhale woman has applied some small rubber pieces to the cover of a $60 office chair, and is now selling it for $560... http://gokhalemethod.com/chair
 ;D

tomos:
Besides -
I am impressed how this Gokhale woman has applied some small rubber pieces to the cover of a $60 office chair, and is now selling it for $560... http://gokhalemethod.com/chair
 ;D
-Curt (July 28, 2013, 06:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

hah, you'd have a good laugh if you saw my current chair. It's an old flat bottomed timber chair with one arm ripped off of it. I dont used the arms or the back anyway (I sit upright - I just ripped the one arm out to make it easier to sit down in the thing.)

MilesAhead:

Well let's see now, after 12 back surgeries and my back is still "out"......
-Tinman57 (July 27, 2013, 07:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ouch!! It hurts just reading that. My back doesn't bother me often. Mostly if I've been crouching like arranging stuff in my pack. Then when I stand up sometimes I have to drive the back of my hands into the kidney area to take the stress of standing up straight. I've been pretty lucky in that respect.  My body is mostly well behaved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version