ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Build Your Own Linux Supercomputer With $99 Board

(1/1)

Tinman57:

Linux OS only.....
Build your own supercomputer: First $99 Parallella boards ship
Who says you need millions for a supercomputer? Not Adapteva, which has started shipping its $99 Parallella single-board parallel processing board.
--- End quote ---

http://www.zdnet.com/build-your-own-supercomputer-first-99-parallella-boards-ship-7000018443

40hz:
2 cores on the ARM chip + 16 cores on the co-processor = 18 cores with 1GB RAM for $99 vs 1 core with 512K RAM for $35...

Man, this just keeps getting better and better! :Thmbsup:

My T800 needs a new CPU anyway... ;)

Renegade:
Holy jumping Jehosophats! That's going to enable some seriously wild little gadgets.

Edvard:
Thanks for reporting that Tinman, I posted about the Parallella project earlier this year, and was wondering when the darn things would get out the door.

To clarify, this thing isn't the supercomputer-on-a-board it's touted to be, but a platform for learning parallel programming, which is where the future needs to go as CPUs keep getting smaller and smaller with more and more cores. See the other thread for more details.

Thanks, TM57!  :Thmbsup:

Tinman57:
Thanks for reporting that Tinman, I posted about the Parallella project earlier this year, and was wondering when the darn things would get out the door.

Thanks, TM57!  :Thmbsup:
-Edvard (July 24, 2013, 11:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cool Beans!   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version