ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Freeware = CRAP!

<< < (4/5) > >>

IainB:
...When being presented with a new PC for my use (as opposed to simple tech for someone else) it takes me the better side of a week to get all the little goodies on there!
-TaoPhoenix (July 24, 2013, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, I have that experience too.

KynloStephen66515:
OP is a ...... oh wait...this is DoCo not Reddit...Sorry :P

40hz:
...When being presented with a new PC for my use (as opposed to simple tech for someone else) it takes me the better side of a week to get all the little goodies on there!
-TaoPhoenix (July 24, 2013, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, I have that experience too.
-IainB (July 24, 2013, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not me. I keep current copies of all my little pet Windows app installers in a folder on my server, with copies synced to a USB key so they're available for immediate deployment anywhere.

With a Debian-based Linux distro I don't need to even do that much since it's quite easy to create a list of what's already installed, along with a copy of the repo list and authentication keys. So it's no big deal to just reinstall everything fresh on a new machine after you load Linux as long as you're using the same distro.

The only NIX installers that need to be copied are those occasional 'maverick' deb packages that don't show up in the main repos, or which don't have their own repositories set up. Those installers you would have to copy just like you would any Windows app.
 8)

rgdot:
It's so addictive that on new PCs I download Screenshot Captor even before I set up connections

Spoiler

:huh:

:P

40hz:
It's so addictive that on new PCs I download Screenshot Captor even before I set up connections

-rgdot (July 24, 2013, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Next thing you'll be installing SC in it's very own hidden partition before you even install Windows at the rate you're going!  ;) :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version