ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Freeware = CRAP!

<< < (2/5) > >>

dluby:
I too have to jump to the defense of Screenshot Captor.  I work in the Irish Financial Sector and I have being using it in work for years without any issue.  The software had to be 'vetted' before being allowed into our organisation.

cschw:
Congratulations on finding the right place to complain about Screenshot Captor.  It's too bad that you didn't find DonationCoder.com before you downloaded this particular software program.  Yes, it is obvious that you downloaded this from another site--since any viruses or malware associated with this program would have been added to it 'after-market'--it simply isn't in the Screenshot Captor software downloaded from DonationCoder.

After you get your machine cleaned up, it would be best if you stick to reputable sites for downloading software.  Also, don't get suckered by the sites that say "Your computer has been infected.  Click HERE to run a free virus/malware scan."  Those sites are almost guaranteed to infect your system, and you'd be better off downloading a reputable antivirus/antimalware program directly from the developer's website.

Once you've cleaned up your machine, I challenge you to download and use any or all of the programs offered on the DonationCoder website.  You will find good software developed by great people (I can say this because I haven't developed any of the software on this site), and the community is very welcoming.  Questions or improvement suggestions are addressed quickly and comprehensively.

It's unfortunate that your computer contracted a virus...don't compound the error by blaming decent software and decent people.

eleman:
I too have to jump to the defense of Screenshot Captor.  I work in the Irish Financial Sector and I have being using it in work for years without any issue.  The software had to be 'vetted' before being allowed into our organisation.
-dluby (July 24, 2013, 06:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

On an unrelated note, for some reason, Irish financial sector's vetting does not make me much more confident :)

But seriously, Screenshot Captor is a very nice program, and certainly is not malware.

dluby:
Darn, what was meant to help out back fired  :-[

rgdot:
I think the ! in the thread title was meant to come before =

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version