ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Freeware = CRAP!

(1/5) > >>

K_Connolly:
OH Boy!   I wish I never got this (Screen Shot Captor).  Now I cannot  use my internet without junk web sites popping up - it's really annoying!!!!  Definitely give this a second thought - In fact just spend the money and get the real Snip It tool!!!!   

THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD EVER MAKE A 'DONATION' FOR THE HEADACHE THIS 'FREE' SOFTWARE HAS GIVEN ME!!!!  IT ONLY A VIRUS!

BEWARE!

-KC

worstje:
You most likely have your cause and effect confused. Screenshot Capter is a completely legitimate and quality piece of software. Are you sure you downloaded it from this website?

Regardless, I suspect the problems you have were encountered while browing on another website or installing other software. Screenshot Captor has many thousands of happy users and is one of the most popular pieces of software offered on this website.

y0himba:
I am one of those many thousands of users.  I have used Screenshot Captor since its creation, and have never seen one advertisement. Donation Coder creates some of the best free software on the Internet, I even use some of it in my workplace, approved by our System Administrator.

You should use Malwarebytes Antimalware and Spybot Search and Destroy to run a complete scan on your system to see what is causing your issues. It is definitely not Screenshot Captor. 

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

http://www.safer-networking.org/

JoTo:
I agree with Worstje!

I use Screenshot Captor for years on many PCs. My company even bought a company license for it to use it commercially legally.

NEVER EVER appeared any malware, virus, browser/DNS hijacking, install of any unwanted bloatware or whatever from Screenshot Captor.

Either you got an infected package from anywhere else or you had a virus/hijacker already before or after installing Screenshot Captor. I think, if you got your package from elsewhere and sent it to mouser (the author), he gladly will check the shitload of the infected package and try to stop the deployment of this bad package.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences, but please don't blame the wrong (good) guy for something that another reason is responsible for.

Give SC another try on a clean machine (or vm) and you'll see you are wrong and blamed the innocent.

Greetings
JoTo

40hz:
^Interesting...

I, along with a large number of other people, have been using Screenshot Captor for years. It's also been reviewed and declared "clean" of malware by several of the major review sites. I've also never heard anybody reporting the problem that you're reporting after installing it.

Did you get your copy directly from the Donation Coder website?

Also, if "Screen Shot Captor" ('screen shot' as 2 words) is not a typo in your OP, you've installed something other than the program available from here. "Screenshot" is a single word in Donation Coder's  Screenshot Captor program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version