ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

NSA Can't Search Emails Of Agency Employees

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
MOAR from the "you-can't-make-this-up" department:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/nsa-emails_n_3641438.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

But ask the NSA, as part of a freedom of information request, to do a seemingly simple search of its own employees' email? The agency says it doesn't have the technology.

"There's no central method to search an email at this time with the way our records are set up, unfortunately," NSA Freedom of Information Act officer Cindy Blacker told me last week.

The system is "a little antiquated and archaic," she added.

I filed a request last week for emails between NSA employees and employees of the National Geographic Channel over a specific time period. The TV station had aired a friendly documentary on the NSA and I want to better understand the agency's public-relations efforts.
--- End quote ---

Antiquated?

Archaic?

Seriously?

Not sure about you, but this just seems a bit "convenient" to me.

TaoPhoenix:
Wouldn't Edward Snowden have something to say on that!?

Ms. Blacker seems to be playing a risky gambit with the "denial as usual"!

Renegade:
-TaoPhoenix (July 23, 2013, 09:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

He was scheduled to make a statement on it, but never showed up. His publicist said he was busy taking a shower & changing after pissing himself while he laughed his way into incontinence. :P

Stoic Joker:
-TaoPhoenix (July 23, 2013, 09:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

He was scheduled to make a statement on it, but never showed up. His publicist said he was busy taking a shower & changing after pissing himself while he laughed his way into incontinence. :P-Renegade (July 23, 2013, 10:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

:D :Thmbsup: - However it does make perfect sense as obviously they wouldn't want any sort of "paper trail" documenting their own terrorist activities.

40hz:
From the NSA All-Purpose Dictionary:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
can't - [kant, kahnt]

1. not supposed to
     2. unable or not allowed to (archaic)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version