topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 11:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Just a suggestion/request/thought  (Read 5049 times)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just a suggestion/request/thought
« on: July 19, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Hi all,

Just thought I'd pop in here as there have been a lot of interesting suggestions made with respect to future functionality in Find&Run. I just wanted to offer the suggestion that any new functionality be added in a step-wise fashion. That is, the current version works well but would benefit from a number of "tweaks" - the ability to select the hot key(s) to activate it, context menu options to create an alias from a search result, and so on. So, "tweak" the current version without adding any major new functionality. That way, users who really just want a super fast launcher get what they want.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say (Does it show ;))... I guess the logical outcome of my suggestion is that there would be two versions of F&R. One that takes the fast launcher concept as far as it will go and another version that takes that as its base and continues to add functionality, such as text substitution and so on.

Just my convoluted two-bits.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Just a suggestion/request/thought
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 05:57 PM »
i hear what you're saying.
im going to release a quick new version this week with hotkey configurability.
and then add new stuff incrementally.

i don't want to turn off loyal F&R users by making it into bloatware.