ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Apple Mighty Mouse - Wireless (Bluetooth) Model No.A1197 - Mini-Review

<< < (2/2)

lanux128:
2013-08-29: I just updated the OP mini-review with some of the comments above.
Thanks, chaps.
I too think the Logitech mice are superb. I shall probably do a review of the Logitech M515 ("Couch") Mouse that my daughter uses.-IainB (August 28, 2013, 06:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

the M515 Couch mouse is an excellent mouse. my wife has been using it for about a year now and still yet to replace the batteries.

if i have to upgrade, it would be for a mouse that works on glass surface, like the ones with the new "Darkfield" technology.

Stoic Joker:
if i have to upgrade, it would be for a mouse that works on glass surface-lanux128 (August 28, 2013, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

In the ~15 years I've been in IT, I've only run across that scenario once ... And when I finally (noticed the red dot on my shoe...) figured out what was happening damn did I feel like an idiot.

------------------------------------//-------------------------------------------

Got to thinking about it and there is something worse than a laser mouse on glass. A few years ago (okay several) when laser mice were just gaining popularity. Dell started using a holographic logo on the mouse pads that they included with their new computers. One of our clients still has these infernal pads in their exam rooms and I have to toss the things in a corner every time I'm there to get control of the mouse...or deal with it spastically ricocheting all over the screen.

------------------------------------//-------------------------------------------

I actually like the plain old $12 MS optical wheel mice.

Vurbal:
I used to swear by Logitech mice. As soon as I went cordless that mostly changed to swearing at them. I routinely had problems - mostly getting left clicks to register. Partly that may have been due to the significant EMI problems on one side of the house. It affected everything from FM radio and TV reception to cordless and mobile phones to wireless ethernet.

OTOH Microsoft cordless mice were rock solid in the same environment and it seems odd that the right button on my Logitech mice would work flawlessly even when the left button didn't.

Vurbal:

Got to thinking about it and there is something worse than a laser mouse on glass. A few years ago (okay several) when laser mice were just gaining popularity. Dell started using a holographic logo on the mouse pads that they included with their new computers. One of our clients still has these infernal pads in their exam rooms and I have to toss the things in a corner every time I'm there to get control of the mouse...or deal with it spastically ricocheting all over the screen.
-Stoic Joker (August 29, 2013, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

That reminds me of my idiot moment (okay it was a couple hours) when I tried using my first optical mouse on a glossy black and green book cover.

lanux128:
if i have to upgrade, it would be for a mouse that works on glass surface-lanux128 (August 28, 2013, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

In the ~15 years I've been in IT, I've only run across that scenario once ... And when I finally (noticed the red dot on my shoe...) figured out what was happening damn did I feel like an idiot.
-Stoic Joker (August 29, 2013, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
thanks for the imagery.. i hadn't thought of that situation.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version