ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Microsoft responds to NSA allegations

<< < (4/4)

wraith808:
Maybe we were more cynical than we should have been?  Especially since they're putting their money where their mouth is:
Microsoft and Google Sue U.S. Government

Renegade:
Maybe we were more cynical than we should have been?  Especially since they're putting their money where their mouth is:
Microsoft and Google Sue U.S. Government
-wraith808 (September 02, 2013, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Pfft! I'm still cynical. I don't see this as anything more than them simply trying some damage control. If they actually gave a rat's pitootie, they would have done that long ago. If they had any balls, they'd simply blow the whistle and claim 4th Amendment violations were going on, i.e. the government is overstepping its power.

They've probably had number crunchers run through how much the negative publicity will hurt them, and decided that spending the money on lawyers will give them a net better position.

Crocodile tears.

wraith808:
Well, no matter the reasons behind it, it's still something that could turn out well for the people as this is in open court.  It might not pan out, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Renegade:
Well, no matter the reasons behind it, it's still something that could turn out well for the people as this is in open court.  It might not pan out, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
-wraith808 (September 02, 2013, 09:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hope it turns out well. I'm just not holding my breath. My hopefulness is already somewhat overextended elsewhere, and I've just plain run out of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version