ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor - Blank Capture Problem Solved - Caused by Avast plugin

<< < (2/6) > >>

cmpm:
I disabled the Avast Shields and the capture worked.
--- End quote ---

After doing this did SC work in Firefox?
Might want to check your Firefox add-ons for what Avast and Outpost added. I don't know of any problem with SC and Firefox by themselves. So I'm sure it's an add-on or some type of Avast and/or Outpost interference.

I tried deleting these rules but as I launched Screenshotcaptor again, Outpost just prompted for action again, remaking the rules, though not both initially.
--- End quote ---

I suspect you need to make a new rule specific to allowing SC to function without being intercepted in Outpost and Avast.

rembrant:

After doing this did SC work in Firefox?
Might want to check your Firefox add-ons for what Avast and Outpost added. I don't know of any problem with SC and Firefox by themselves. So I'm sure it's an add-on or some type of Avast and/or Outpost interference.

-cmpm (July 19, 2013, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes SC worked after disabling shields.
There is Avast Online Security plugin (which I though was called Web-Rep still). Disabling this allows SC to work. Pity as I like it.

I suspect you need to make a new rule specific to allowing SC to function without being intercepted in Outpost and Avast.
-cmpm (July 19, 2013, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Don't know how though  :-[

cmpm:
Does the Avast Firefox plug-in/add-on have options?

rembrant:
No it doesn't have options, not within Firefox anyway. If I go to Avast Free Antivirus settings, I see that there is a section for Browser Integration. It shows the security plugin is installed for IE, Firefox, Opera but not Chrome (which may have its own version I think, not that it shows in Chrome). In fact I'm rather confused about why the plugin is now called Avast Online Security 8.0.1489

In the Avast settings I can disable webrep which prevents it showing in Google results, but Avast Online Security 8.0.1489 still shows as a plugin in Firefox. The only other option is not to show tooltips in the Avast settings for Webrep.  :huh:

cmpm:
WebRep is probably like WOT, it rates web sites.
Seems webrep may be more intrusive then WOT, preventing actions.
Here's a link about disabling or removing WebRep and Avast Security from Firefox if you want to.

http://techdows.com/2011/02/delete-avast-webrep-plugins-for-ie-and-firefox.html

http://techdows.com/2013/05/avast-online-security-plugin-what-is-it-and-how-to-remove-it.html

See if SC works after following these directions.
You can always reinstall or enable WebRep and Avast Security.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version