ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help me choose my next smartphone

<< < (7/7)

cmpm:
Can you turn the WiFi off?
That's what I do, till I need it.
I have ATT with a Pantech SmartPhone.
It should be an easy setting to find, but I've never used a windows phone.

superboyac:
Can you turn the WiFi off?
That's what I do, till I need it.
I have ATT with a Pantech SmartPhone.
It should be an easy setting to find, but I've never used a windows phone.
-cmpm (July 17, 2013, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't want to turn it off.  then i have to turn it on whenever i'm in an area i can connect to wifi automatically.  but yes, i can turn it off.  and on when i get home.  and off when i get back to work.  and back on at home.  Yay.  what convenience.

allen:
I don't want to turn it off.  then i have to turn it on whenever i'm in an area i can connect to wifi automatically.  but yes, i can turn it off.  and on when i get home.  and off when i get back to work.  and back on at home.  Yay.  what convenience.
-superboyac (July 17, 2013, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's a setting to tell it not to automatically scan for new networks, have you tried that? I have that option enabled, and always have WiFi on. I have to manually add new networks by opening the wifi settings, but you only have to do that once. When you're around that network, it'll reconnect but ignore all others.

As for deleting . . . can't you just press and hold and then forget the network? (My phone is in the shop, so I can't confirm, but I am certain you can forget networks)

superboyac:
-superboyac (July 17, 2013, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's a setting to tell it not to automatically scan for new networks, have you tried that? I have that option enabled, and always have WiFi on. I have to manually add new networks by opening the wifi settings, but you only have to do that once. When you're around that network, it'll reconnect but ignore all others.

As for deleting . . . can't you just press and hold and then forget the network? (My phone is in the shop, so I can't confirm, but I am certain you can forget networks)
-allen (July 17, 2013, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes I have that setting off.  And normally you can delete the network by holding it, but it's buggy.  if it's trying to connect, it won't let you.  and if it's not trying to connect, holding it down doesn't do anything because as soon as you let go it asks for the user/password for that network.  it's just buggy.  i mean, just give me a freaking setting on the bottom and forget all this holding nonsense.  or fix it.  something!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version