ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Domain Name Registrars

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I've been with Hover (used to be DomainDirect) since the mid 90's and have always had good luck with them. There were a few hiccups when they changed hands, but the new support crew handles it quickly and without hassle.

The also discount the registration fees (~30%) when doing a transfer, which I thought was a nice feature.

wraith808:
In case anyone else is looking... hover has free private registration also.

rgdot:
FWIW name.com and namecheap are the two I would recommend.

Deozaan:
I use DreamHost. Mostly because I used to use them as my webhost. But they do include privacy in the price of domain registration, which is why I never changed registrars thus far.

Vurbal:
I ended up going with 1&1 for my domain last December but that wasn't a transfer - a domain I let lapse through GoDaddy several months prior actually - and all I'm using it for right now is email and IMAP access. I don't remember all the specifics of my own decision but I do recall it largely came down to bottom line price due to a lack of concrete long term plans for the domain. I've definitely never regretted my choice.

Based on what I've read over the years I actually had Namecheap and Name.com on my short list and my research last year just confirmed my initial impressions of both.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version