ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why you should avoid using social media

(1/4) > >>

IainB:
I posted this as, though it is not a comprehensive list of reasons by any means, it does rather seem to sum up some pertinent points: How Thieves Use Social Media To Rob You

There may be some useful pointers there for those who might be interested in protecting/maintaining/improving the privacy, security and confidentiality of their data.
This would be in addition to protecting data from the now acknowledged gross breach of privacy and security by apparently increasingly data-totalitarian governments - including the USA and other countries (e.g., in Europe, Canada, NZ, Australia), as has irrefutably been revealed by the UK Guardian's publication of the Snowden leaks regarding the US NSA/PRISM mass internet surveillance.

Edvard:
1- Non-public Facebook profile: Check
2- Dog owner: Check
3- Fake security system sign in front yard: Check

MilesAhead:
1- Non-public Facebook profile: Check
2- Dog owner: Check
3- Fake security system sign in front yard: Check

-Edvard (July 18, 2013, 02:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe you could combine 2 and 3 with a sign something like:
"Beware of Dog named Brinks"   ??     :P

Stoic Joker:
The dogs are friendly, to me.

I don't advertise the alarm system...It's a surprise. It also lets the "We Don't Dial 911" sign above the front door sink in at just the right moment. The sign can't be seen from the street...but it's hard to miss if you're standing on the front porch.

Oh... Did I mention it's a wireless monitored alarm system...so it'll dial 911 for me ... That way I can concentrate on aiming.. ;)

4wd:
Oh... Did I mention it's a wireless monitored alarm system...so it'll dial 911 for me ... That way I can concentrate on aiming.. ;)-Stoic Joker (July 18, 2013, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's just too bad that it's the guys standing on the front porch that'll get the call.

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version