ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

If Wikipedia existed back in the DOS era

<< < (2/2)

Tinman57:
  Was the blurriness supposed to be part of it?
-Tinman57 (June 05, 2013, 07:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think so. You're looking at EGA resolution if I'm not mistaken. 16 colors @ 640x350 with a .28 dot pitch. So don't try to play it full screen using today's resolutions.

Forgot how bad it used to be huh? ;D -40hz (June 05, 2013, 09:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nah, didn't forget it, way back then when people were looking at a green screen with white letters I was looking at 640 X 480 resolution and 16 colors.  Then when Hurcules started with the 16 color graphics cards for PC, I was using 800 X 600 resolution with 4096 colors.  Yes, I was one of "those" Commodore users....   :P

Shades:
You will find some good company here then  ;)

Even if I include myself  ;D

(my heritage: Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga (all models except 3000 and 4000), Acer PC (286) and after that only white boxes (ranging from AMD 586 to Intel i7))

Tinman57:

I cut my teeth on a C=64, then upgraded to a C128, which I absolutely loved.  Shortly after upgrading to the 128 I bought an Amiga 500, then proceeded to do all kinds of upgrade modifications like RAM, doubling the speed, hard drive, etc.  I still have my old Amiga sitting in the original box in my closet......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version