ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Startpage.com Search Engine - Katherine Albrecht on The Corbett Report

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
Dr. Katherine Albrecht on the Startpage private search engine (podcast)

http://www.corbettreport.com/interview-706-dr-katherine-albrecht-on-the-startpage-private-search-engine/

I've seen a few interviews with her. Startpage.com sounds pretty good. If you don't like DuckDuckgo, then you might like it. I've not done any real comparison between the two.

James Corbett is an excellent interviewer, though likely not what most people are quite used to. ;) Hopefully some people will enjoy the show.

4wd:
I use StartPage a fair bit because it doesn't require you accept a cookie to keep your preferences.

TaoPhoenix:
I've used Startpage as my primary engine for years!

But their results are not perfect. Occasionally I have indeed had to go to the Evil Google. (But only ocasionally when my search is really tough!) For all the boring searches, the privacy protection is important.

ewemoa:
On a related note, I've not figured out how to add them as a search provider (correct term?) in IE.  The IE version I try this on (8, may be?) doesn't seem to support POST-based things and that's all I seem to turn up at Mycroft Project.  Any success stories?

4wd:
The IE version I try this on (8, may be?) doesn't seem to support POST-based things and that's all I seem to turn up at Mycroft Project.  Any success stories?-ewemoa (July 14, 2013, 07:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Startpage will also provide a GET based URL for your searches.  Go to Startpage->Settings and uncheck the following:

Set any other parameters you want, then click Generate URL if you don't want cookies, or Save if you do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version