topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:47 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Project: The Naturals - An Upcoming RPG Boardgame  (Read 5276 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Project: The Naturals - An Upcoming RPG Boardgame
« on: July 11, 2013, 05:14 PM »
Hey guys! 

Been awhile since I did a decent post about anything...Kinda been laying low for a multitude of reasons, but, since I know the guy who is making it, I figured I would give it a mention!

538174_417184108368393_1844150240_n.png

Description
Our adventure RPG game takes place in an post apocalyptic earth after the Naturals world war against themselves, humans, and earths creatures.

Got to be honest...I personally don't know much about it, but I do know they are asking for as much help an input as possible, so, head on over to their Facebook Page and grab some more details!

Untitled.png

This is pretty much all I know about it...but it looks pretty cool, and I know they have been working on it for AGES!

So...Go check it out on their Facebook Page if you want to learn more about it, or keep updated!

ProjectTN

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Project: The Naturals - An Upcoming RPG Boardgame
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 05:30 PM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Tyler and I am the main developer for The Naturals. I would like to start off by saying thanks to Stephen for posting about our project. My wife and I have been working on this project part time now for about 6 months. We have a ton of stuff done that we just haven't shared with the world yet. We started our weekly Facebook updates yesterday. I will make sure to post more than just 1 update a week but it is a start for now.

Almost everyone has played a game in where fantasy is a huge make-up of the game. Our brings a unique twist on how people may see natural disasters. Science has proven that natural disasters help keep growth population under control. The question is this, who controls these natural disasters?

The Naturals is set in a post apocalyptic earth after the Naturals world war. I will be posting more on Facebook in more detail on this and the basic overview of the game.

I would like to thank anyone who likes us or shares us in advance. Thanks :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 05:38 PM »
Welcome to the site Tyler  :up:
RPG Boardgame sounds good to me -- but could you elaborate a little on what you mean by "RPG Boardgame" -- personally RPG games are too open ended for me, and i prefer the structure of board games.. Is that what you had in mind or?

ProjectTN

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:46 PM »
Welcome to the site Tyler  :up:
RPG Boardgame sounds good to me -- but could you elaborate a little on what you mean by "RPG Boardgame" -- personally RPG games are too open ended for me, and i prefer the structure of board games.. Is that what you had in mind or?

Thanks for the question. I am sure you know what RPG means. With that in mind I will try to keep this simple. You will be role-playing the Natural you choose. Our project was inspired by Munchkin. "In my opinion Munckin is the farthest away you can get from a structured board game." Even with that said, our game will be structured and will have a good story line behind it.

A few close friends that I have shown the core of the game to have asked me why even make a board game out of this. They think I should be making a full fledged MMORPG. I simply do not have the money to even start that. maybe with a successful board game version we can.

Our game is evolved into a more innovative dnd type game. Does that answer you question well enough?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 06:17 PM by ProjectTN »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 06:14 PM »
I think so.. I look forward to reading some more about it when you post some more info about it.

ProjectTN

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 06:19 PM »
If you would like to add me on skype feel free. jtyler34
I am always looking for someone to run ideas across and share some developmental features and what not with.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 06:24 PM by ProjectTN »

ProjectTN

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 07:32 PM »
To all you board gamers out there. What is your favorite board game and why.