ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Trout: show panel with lyrics from local text file

(1/1)

AbteriX:
Hi Skwire, maybe you will enjoy thinking about implementing this feature.

Let say i have a file
Black Sabbath - Paranoid.mp3
and a text file
Black Sabbath - Paranoid.LYR
with lyrics or something else.

How about a optional edit control to display that file content?

Same for text file
Black Sabbath - Paranoid.ALB
with information about the track list if this MP3 contains the full album.

If base name change, e.g. to 'Black Sabbath - Sabotage',
Trout would update the shown content IF a LYR or ALB file exists.
If not, those panels would show something like  'No corresponding file found.

EDIT: to make it easier to implement, understand and to handle those text files,
I change my mind to simple look for one file with TXT extension and the base name of the MP3.
So Black Sabbath - Paranoid.TXT nearby Black Sabbath - Paranoid.MP3
will contain all needed information and you would have to add only one additional panel.

Here is a mock up about what I have in mind with just notepad instead a real panel to make myself clear:

Trout: show panel with lyrics from local text file

skwire:
I'd rather not add another panel but I can easily make the lyrics panel display a text file, if it exists, that matches the currently playing filename as you describe above.  If such a file doesn't exist, the panel would search for lyrics as it does now.  How about that?

AbteriX:
I can easily make the lyrics panel display a text file, if it exists, that matches the currently playing filename as you describe above.
 If such a file doesn't exist, the panel would search for lyrics as it does now.  How about that?-skwire (May 01, 2013, 12:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds nifty and reasonable!  Good idea, this would do it too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version