ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Launchbar Commander still "Stealing Focus"

(1/3) > >>

wperkins48:
To continue the discussion, Mouser, Launchbar Commander is still "stealing focus" with version 1.135.01. This has been an ongoing problem for some of us. For me, it means I have to go back to 2008, and version 1.83.01, to not have it "steal focus". Five years - and all those feature improvements - and I can't use them.

I know that if I turn off "Stay on Top" the problem goes away, but I want that feature more than the new features over the last 5 years (maybe - the latest versions don't spend much time on my system for checking them out...)

Sure wish you could find the problem. Really like the program.

Will

mouser:
OK let's get this fixed this week -- don't let me forget!

Can I ask you to email me ([email protected]) so I can have you test any fix attempts before I release to the public?

Verywierd:
I just installed Launchbar and it still steals focus. I like the prog. but this makes it unusable.

wperkins48:
Mouser,

I want to see if I can make a video showing the new version of LaunchbarCommander "stealing focus" and an older version not doing that. Prior to that, let me note this:

I know that I can show it stealing focus when I am in M$ Word 2010. I will click a drop down dialog box in Word, and then a split second later the drop down will roll back up and the title bar will change to show that Word no longer has focus.

If I do it in the older version that I am running, this doesn't happen.

Is this something that you can do to check? Do you run Micro$ucks Word?

(Also, as near as I can tell, all you need to have are the same versions of LaunchBarCommander.exe and quickdoclauncher.exe for the program to run properly - all the other files in the Directory don't care which version is running. Is this correct?)

Note to "Veryweird": See if you can get an older version of LaunchbarCommander [the version I run is 1.83.01] that doesn't have this problem. I lose out on 5 years of new features - but, Hey!, I don't know what they are, so absence is noted;>) Program is still very usable, and I would sorely miss it...

mouser:
Im working on a new release now, to upload before end of this weekend -- time to fix this!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version