ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

This Just in: From the You Gotta be Shitting Me Dept.

<< < (4/6) > >>

cranioscopical:
While waiting for a traffic light, benind two other cars, a truck pulling a tank with 20.000 liter of milk though the traffic light was green. My car took the real beating…
-Shades (July 10, 2013, 08:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
No use crying over spilt milk!

Spoiler :-[
Sorry!
Well, a bit anyway.

40hz:
Cars can be repaired or junked.

Bodies either heal - or they don't.

Sorry about what happened. But knowing how you feel since I've been hit by idiots a few times myself, you still got the better part of the bargain.

My younger sister wasn't so lucky. She spent a year and a half in traction after the car she was a passenger in got nailed by a drunk driver. She's now the proud owner of an 18 inch hunk of cobalt/titanium alloy in her right thighbone. And eight more inches of it in her shin. Lots of fun boarding airliners with that installed despite the "special ID card" they give you to let the TSA and airlines know you can't help but set off a metal detector.

I'm just glad you didn't get hurt. Onward! :Thmbsup:

Tinman57:

I rear ended a car on a highway at night back when I was 17, the guy was backing up with his headlights off on a curve whilst drinking his beer.  It was my fault.  Why you ask?

At the time, in Louisiana, if you rear-end someone it's automatically your fault, and it was also legal to drink and drive.....  It totalled my beautiful car too......

Stoic Joker:
 I rear ended a car on a highway at night back when I was 17, the guy was backing up with his headlights off on a curve whilst drinking his beer.  It was my fault.  Why you ask?

At the time, in Louisiana, if you rear-end someone it's automatically your fault, and it was also legal to drink and drive.....  It totalled my beautiful car too......
-Tinman57 (July 12, 2013, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ouch, that's a tricky one really ...Because backing up on a highway is also equally illegal. Most likely the fact that you were moving...and 17 were why the cop went that way.

Years ago the wife and I were going to see friends out a whining back road. We got stuck behind a school bus that as usual wasn't in a hurry. Available passing lanes being few, short and far between...I was indeed riding their ass like a $2 whore, especially as we approached the nearest passing zone. Then the bus decided to stop...in the middle of nowhere...for no apparently intelligent reason.

I also stopped.

All was fine.

Then the bus driver put the bus in reverse...and ran right the f*** over my ass! (or more specifically my cherry 91 V8 Mustang that would happily do 140 mph)

When the FL Highway patrol got there, the bus driver as whining about me tailgating her slow ass (that liked to ride the line in passing zones to make it impossible to safely pass...). However the trouper decided to side with me when it was explained that at the point (in time) of contact...I was stopped...and she was in reverse ... Which is apparently a real no-no based on the look of shocked horror on the troopers face when I got to that part of the story.

So... The county had to fix my car, and foot the bill for a rental car which I took great glee in torturing half to death. Ever wonder what'll happen if you throw a car on reverse at 50 mph??? LOL ...It's a hell of a ride I'll tell ya that much. ;)

tomos:
Ever wonder what'll happen if you throw a car on reverse at 50 mph???
-Stoic Joker (July 12, 2013, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ouch
and yes, LOL ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version