ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

This Just in: From the You Gotta be Shitting Me Dept.

<< < (2/6) > >>

Tinman57:
But what took the cake was, the drunken driver opens his door, staggers to the driver's side window of our car, leans in and says "Hey!  Wassa' Matta' wit' ya'??  Didn't ya' see me comin' ?-MilesAhead (July 09, 2013, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh dear...that would have gotten him "damaged" if he'd been the one that hit me today.

One option, if it's a rare truck, you can buy the truck from the insurance company for dirt cheap and have it put on a frame straightener.
-Tinman57 (July 09, 2013, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

At this point I just have to wait for the 25th to take it into the appointment the insurance company (Geico (incredibly not fast)) set up. Then it's fate will be decided (close race).

My favorite part of the ensuing discussion thus far was when the insurance lady -- Who had already been informed that I had stopped at a traffic light, and the person behind me...did not -- asked me if "I was hit in the rear from behind"? (after a short pause) I simply responded with "I really don't think there's another way of doing it".
-Stoic Joker (July 09, 2013, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
  According to all of Gecko's commercials (about 80 times a day), they have the best customer support of all the insurance companies.  Of course they don't tell you that only applies when they're opening a new account..... :P

mwb1100:
At this point I just have to wait for the 25th to take it into the appointment the insurance company (Geico (incredibly not fast)) set up. Then it's fate will be decided (close race).
--- End quote ---

More than two weeks for the insurance company to look at it??  That's crazy. 

wraith808:
According to all of Gecko's commercials (about 80 times a day), they have the best customer support of all the insurance companies.  Of course they don't tell you that only applies when they're opening a new account.....
-Tinman57 (July 09, 2013, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually I have geico.  My wife recently totalled the car, and the customer service was stellar.  And the one time that it wasn't, I called and asked to speak to a manager.  He rectified the situation immediately.

Not sure what's going on in SJ's case... but I'd ask to speak to a manager and see about getting an earlier appointment if it was me.

Stoic Joker:
According to all of Gecko's commercials (about 80 times a day), they have the best customer support of all the insurance companies.  Of course they don't tell you that only applies when they're opening a new account.....
-Tinman57 (July 09, 2013, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually I have geico.  My wife recently totalled the car, and the customer service was stellar.  And the one time that it wasn't, I called and asked to speak to a manager.  He rectified the situation immediately.-wraith808 (July 09, 2013, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

The did much better a few years ago when the wife's care got totaled (she too was rear-ended, but by a guy that was awake with faulty breaks (and no insurance)). The handled that one acceptable but not lightening fast. For fast service I recall Progressives performance; the agent got there before the cops did, assessed the damage, generated an estimate...and cut us a check on the spot. Now that was stellar service in my book.

...Answer to next obvious question is we switched due to price/budget constraints. *Sigh*

Not sure what's going on in SJ's case... but I'd ask to speak to a manager and see about getting an earlier appointment if it was me.
-wraith808 (July 09, 2013, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

While it had crossed my mind, I'd rather take the time to get under the truck and do my own assessment regarding what the options are. I suspect that one of the "Crumple Zones" that are built into the frame may have given way (as it's designed to) causing the alignment anomaly. As I'm in no hurry to part with the truck I plan to use the time to do some research on how best to argue (assuming I have a leg to stand on) on its behalf if the decision is made to total it.

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

More than two weeks for the insurance company to look at it??  That's crazy. 
-mwb1100 (July 09, 2013, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well... It's been pouring rain here for the last month, and Florida being a "Transient State" means nobody seems to remember how the hell they're supposed to drive on wet pavement (e.g. pay friggin attention as frequent panic stops are bad..). So after a month's worth of playing bumper cars ... It really is quite likely that they are quite legitimately a bit backed up these days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version