ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

This Just in: From the You Gotta be Shitting Me Dept.

(1/6) > >>

Stoic Joker:
So my brother and I are coming back from the DMV. Our purpose there was to finally get the Tag and Title for a custom Harley Davidson, That I'd started building over 15 years ago. We're talking Thousands of dollars sitting in the back of my pickup truck...

As we're discussing where to go for tag bolts...hardware or auto parts store, I stop at a red light. With the myriad of truly insane (and completely issue free) 90 mph power slides (and etc..) I've done in my truck, I'm being excruciatingly careful due to the current cargo. However...

The mildly brain-dead, complete &*#!*&^$ Airhead behind us doing ~50 mph did not stop (because she was asleep <- direct quote)) ... Until she hit me.

So...sadly, while the bike is okay (yes that is a plus), my truck (2002 Dodge Dakota R/T 5.9 - Translation very fast/very rare) is I suspect totaled. Which pisses me off to no end as -- it's friggin' paid for -- I really liked it.

So here I am playing adventures in frame damage ... And I'm supposed to be on a much needed vacation.

...Can you think of a four letter that starts with F and rimes with truck??

:D Damn it.

MilesAhead:
I can imagine your frustration. I can remember early one morning my friends and I were returning from a party. The owner of the car was wasted so he let another of us do the driving.  I was in the back seat of this small station wagon.  We are sitting at a red light.  Behind us comes this drunk.  Fortunately he was only doing about 30 MPH. Because my foot got forced by the impact, through a gap at the bottom of the front seat. It took me like 5 minutes of struggle to get my foot free.  (If the car was on fire that would have entailed some serious sadness.)  But what took the cake was, the drunken driver opens his door, staggers to the driver's side window of our car, leans in and says "Hey!  Wassa' Matta' wit' ya'??  Didn't ya' see me comin' ?

Yup! It was all our fault for sitting at the red light.  We shoulda' ran the damn thing.  After all, "nobody else" was out on the road.   :)

Tinman57:

One option, if it's a rare truck, you can buy the truck from the insurance company for dirt cheap and have it put on a frame straightener.

Stoic Joker:
But what took the cake was, the drunken driver opens his door, staggers to the driver's side window of our car, leans in and says "Hey!  Wassa' Matta' wit' ya'??  Didn't ya' see me comin' ?-MilesAhead (July 09, 2013, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh dear...that would have gotten him "damaged" if he'd been the one that hit me today.

One option, if it's a rare truck, you can buy the truck from the insurance company for dirt cheap and have it put on a frame straightener.
-Tinman57 (July 09, 2013, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

At this point I just have to wait for the 25th to take it into the appointment the insurance company (Geico (incredibly not fast)) set up. Then it's fate will be decided (close race).

My favorite part of the ensuing discussion thus far was when the insurance lady -- Who had already been informed that I had stopped at a traffic light, and the person behind me...did not -- asked me if "I was hit in the rear from behind"? (after a short pause) I simply responded with "I really don't think there's another way of doing it".

wraith808:
^ Well, you didn't damage your sarcastic wit, it appears :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version