ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I'm ready to join the HTPC (home theater pc) revolution - what to get?

<< < (15/16) > >>

wraith808:
Either the picture is misleading, the specs are lying, or it will burn up on arrival LOL :)  There's a reason for the specs on the CPU.

superboyac:
Either the picture is misleading, the specs are lying, or it will burn up on arrival LOL :)  There's a reason for the specs on the CPU.
-wraith808 (July 27, 2015, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm curious enough to give it a try.  So small, so cheap, and great specs.  it *may* die quickly, which is the only bad experience i've had with this kind of stuff.  but i've also been very impressed by some of my alibaba experiments too.  A few years ago I got a tiny little credit card size media player kind of like an htpc, and it was great.  still works and can play just about anything under 720p.

dluby:
Superboyac - if you do buy this, please let us know how you get on with it.

4wd:
What do you guys think about these alibaba products that have enromous specs and cheap prices?  Take this one for example:
8GB RAM
intel i3
fanless/silent
~$300 (see attachment in previous post)
-superboyac (July 27, 2015, 02:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why not go for an Intel NUC from Newegg?

Comparable prices and a lot closer to home if you find a problem with it.

superboyac:
What do you guys think about these alibaba products that have enromous specs and cheap prices?  Take this one for example:
8GB RAM
intel i3
fanless/silent
~$300 (see attachment in previous post)
-superboyac (July 27, 2015, 02:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why not go for an Intel NUC from Newegg?

Comparable prices and a lot closer to home if you find a problem with it.
-4wd (July 28, 2015, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
well, it just seems like you get more bang for the buck with the alibaba options.  the NUC seem to be ok...but the alibaba items sure seem to pack a lot of power in a small, fanless unit for pretty cheap.  I'm actually a little curious how they are.  but ultimately, i'm having a hard time comparing the specs and prices of these things.  the cpus are so confusing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version