ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Your thoughts wanted: The right way to honor the passing of a DC forum member

<< < (4/4)

MerleOne:
to have a link that allows to read all his post at once
--- End quote ---

Everyone has that; visit a user's profile page and look for the link "Show posts".
-mouser (July 09, 2013, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

OK, in that case there is nothing else to add IMHO.

tomos:
Agreed, a thread in the living room would seem most fitting.

I do find the idea of an indicator under the user's forum avatar indicating that the member has passed on, quite touching.. It conveys the fact that their spirit is still with us here virtually, just in a different form.
-mouser (July 09, 2013, 08:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

- agree very much with both.

I found Edvard's post (OP), and reading Thunder's profile, and seeing some of his pictures - I found it all very moving; but also he and the topic came into my mind in quiet moments in the last two days.
Also maybe because I was born in the same year as him, it's made me think - I'm not sure what exactly, but it's rattling around back there... on that note I hope no-one will mind if I post a link for Ralph Stanley's "Oh Death" -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krIVsZP-YaY

Tinman57:

Not having mention of a passing is like saying the person never existed.  Most folks want to be remembered in one way or another when they're gone, which is what motivated many great people in our history.  It's like going out with a bang, or a whimper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version