ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Dock should not 'land grab'

(1/2) > >>

RobC:
Your Dock should not alter other applications normal displays.
By that I mean it should not 'land grab' forcing other displays (that are expecting to be full screen) to occupy say 90% of the screen.

I was an Analyst in IT for 20 years and have been programming(VB6) for the subsequent 15 years.
What you are doing is 'unclean'
Even if you held a gun to my head, I would not do that in my programs.

Rob

superboyac:
Your Dock should not alter other applications normal displays.
By that I mean it should not 'land grab' forcing other displays (that are expecting to be full screen) to occupy say 90% of the screen.

I was an Analyst in IT for 20 years and have been programming(VB6) for the subsequent 15 years.
What you are doing is 'unclean'
Even if you held a gun to my head, I would not do that in my programs.

Rob

-RobC (July 07, 2013, 01:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh Great Programmer Bob!  Please bless us more with your wisdom!

mouser:
Hi Rob,

It's traditional to have an "always visible" dock "reserve" the space at the side of the screen, so that other applications do not maximize on top of the dock.  The alternative would simply not be usable.

HOWEVER,

It sounds like the option you are wanting is the "AutoHide" or "AutoSlide" option, which is available if you click on the Dock node.

When you set a dock to be "AutoHide" or "AutoSlide" it will do as you request, and NOT reserve any space on the side of the screen -- instead it will simply show up on top of any maximized application when the cursor hovers over that area.

I think that's what you were wanting.

Dock should not 'land grab'

Edvard:
Or is he talking about a second monitor?  I've seen this happen before where a dock on one screen (across top or bottom)  reserves dock space across the other monitor as well, so running an application in fullscreen mode on another monitor doesn't get the full display.

RobC:
Edward,
I have never had two monitors, but that would be a wee shock for those that do.

I am not a Dock fan, I just like simple Classic menus.
When the program first started, I copped a dock (in my face), and it took me a while to get it minimized to the Tray.
During that time, the 'Land Grabbing' was adding to my frustration.

Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version