ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Time lapse video (thread)

<< < (8/8)

tomos:
Hmm... I remember learning about the various kinds of clouds in grade school. But I don't recall them mentioning mammatocumulus. Or maybe I was too young at the time to know about or make the connection to mammaries and my teacher neglected to point it out. I only remember a couple of the clouds we learned about, and I'm sure knowing one was named after "boobies" would have made it much more memorable to an immature ~8-10 year old's mind.
-Deozaan (June 27, 2017, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
:)
they didn't want to risk giving ye this kind of information ;-)
Mammatusw

OTOH, maybe it was just that they're not a common cloud formation

Deozaan:
Seems like this answers the question as to why it wasn't taught as a type of cloud:

According to the WMO International Cloud Atlas, mamma is a cloud supplementary feature rather than a genus, species or variety of cloud.-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammatus
--- End quote ---

tomos:
Another dramatic weather one, from Mike Olbinski.
I love this one, everything just right...

music composed for the film by Peter Nanasi

via fstoppers
previous videos by Mike Olbinski posted in this thread here

tomos:
Yet another wonderful and dramatic timelapse from Mike Olbinski (whose name I was spelling wrong the whole time :-[ )

and an impressive Grand Canyon one

both via Arizona Hot in the interesting thread

4wd:
Not so much a video but a article I ran across while searching for Hyperlapse: Google Street View Hyperlapse

The article is from 2013, the original website (Teehan+Lax ceased business) no longer works but the source is hosted on GitHub. (ADDENDUM: Loaded the code into a VM web server and it worked.)

I was thinking of trying to get it to work for my drive around Ukraine last year since I GPS logged it, that would bring it back a lot better than static photos.

From the Internet Archive: Teehan+Lax Labs
Hyperlapse - Archive of the Hyperlapse creation page

There's a couple of other sites where you can do the same thing but using a GPX file:

GPX Hyperlapse - works but rather limited
Hyperlapse GPX - couldn't get it to work

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version