ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

re-map capslock function

<< < (3/3)

MilesAhead:
I found this suggested fix on this link

Try This:

Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Dell Computer Corporation\QuickSet\QuickSetControl and set it to 1 and reboot.

From Dell
http://en.community.dell.com/support.../19311373.aspx
--- End quote ---

DyNama:
Try This:

Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Dell Computer Corporation\QuickSet\QuickSetControl and set it to 1 and reboot.

From Dell
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3526/t/19311373.aspx
-MilesAhead (December 29, 2013, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanx, Miles, i'll try that. in fact, i disabled Dell's Caps Lock indicator (i think) then turned around and installed Keyboard LEDs that puts a Caps Lock indicator in the tray  ;D  with AfterLemon's remap.

i love that Groucho quote, i use it all the time!

MilesAhead:
i love that Groucho quote, i use it all the time!
--- End quote ---

When I was a kid he had a game show, You Bet Your Life. I was too young to appreciate it.  But now and then a cable channel that does the old 50s shows would put that show on for a bit.  I would get a kick out of contestants who really didn't know what Groucho was about.  One guy was a salesman and he mentioned his membership in a country club.  So Groucho does the line.  The guy tries to impress on Groucho that what he said didn't make sense.  So Groucho looks at the audience like "where'd they dig up this guy?" and says something to the effect "I've been using that line for 30 years.  I think I know what's in it."

Needless to say the Wink Martindales of the game show universe can't hold a candle to the first guys like Groucho and Carson.  :)

dr_andus:
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I've remapped (well, not me, just adapted from "I can no longer remember where") Capslock to CTRL, and then use ALT+Capslock to activate All Caps, when necessary. So maybe this can be modified to what you're after.

--- ---;-----------------------------------------
; ALT+ALL CAPS; ALL CAPS turned to CTRL  |
;-----------------------------------------
!Capslock::Capslock
Capslock::Control
P.S. This is an AutoHotkey script.

DyNama:
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I've remapped (well, not me, just adapted from "I can no longer remember where") Capslock to CTRL, and then use ALT+Capslock to activate All Caps, when necessary. So maybe this can be modified to what you're after.

--- ---;-----------------------------------------
; ALT+ALL CAPS; ALL CAPS turned to CTRL  |
;-----------------------------------------
!Capslock::Capslock
Capslock::Control
P.S. This is an AutoHotkey script.
-dr_andus (December 30, 2013, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanx, Dr. I tried that one first myself, but it too was sabotaged by my Dell's on-screen 4-second caps lock status display. Not knowing that is why i was attracted to this thread in the first place. I liked the premises stated by OP hgondalf, making CapsLock key act like a shift key and toggling CapsLock state with Ctrl+CapsLock, and i liked the AHK script by AfterLemon that fullfilled that in his very first post in this forum―Welcome! i'm learning AHK by examining other people's programs so i enjoyed figuring out that script. i especially appreciated MilesAhead's suggestion of a solution to my Dell keyboard dilemma. So your AHK remapping would have been satisfactory if i'd already turned off Dell's display…but then i'd have never read this thread.
 :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version