ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How Google is Killing Honest (Organic) Search

<< < (4/4)

mouser:
I'd just like to say it's good to see you back Renegade  :up:

app103:
Also, it's probably not popular enough for people to pass around much. (People are pretty lazy.) It was an in-depth analysis of dichotomous concepts and the logical consequences of them with data and examples to back it up. Not really the kind of thing that most people find exciting or fun. There are pics of cute kittens and puppies to be viewed out there, and only so much time... ;)

The site was off the beaten path too, which only exacerbates the problem. i.e. Smaller search engines are less likely to have encountered it.
-Renegade (July 10, 2013, 10:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't underestimate the friendfeed userbase. They are not a bunch of mindless boneheads that have nothing better to do than look at kitties all day. It ain't Facebook.

And as far as "smaller search engines" go, can you name one that can still search saved bookmarks from Ma.gnolia? How about comments from Backtype? If a friendfeed user connected their account and imported their data from those accounts back when those services still existed, it still exists in the friendfeed database, acting almost as the only backup, in some cases. And friendfeed users will go to great lengths to import their data from everywhere, including places where it takes a great deal of effort and work to do so.

If I had some real subject keywords to work with and not vague concepts, I could attempt the search for you. A search for "dichotomous concepts" didn't turn up much of anything.

MohKraats:
I did find a nice short Google manual that helps a lot finding useful results.
Source: HackCollege.com  :Thmbsup:
Who got it from a.o. DumbLittleman

Happy Coding  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version