ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to handle those really awful "endlessly scrolling down" web pages?

<< < (2/2)

Curt:
One little trick, but not the answer to your question: always open "secondary pictures" in a new tab. This way you don't leave the old tab which is where you scroll and click, and the new tab is to be closed in a second when you have seen the picture.

Tinman57:
One little trick, but not the answer to your question: always open "secondary pictures" in a new tab. This way you don't leave the old tab which is where you scroll and click, and the new tab is to be closed in a second when you have seen the picture.

-Curt (July 07, 2013, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Lol, exactly what I was going to say.  I do this a lot with websites loaded with hundreds of pictures.  I have my browser set up to open anything I click with the MMB to a new tab, so it's pretty easy for me....

evamaria:
This goes without saying, since without doing this, you'd have even many probs for your very first pics in such a special page. The question remains, how to quickly get to pic number 1,000 or whatever, when you will have closed your session and open a new one.

TaoPhoenix:

It's looking like you can just type /page/x after the address! I tested it on two random separate tumblr blogs on two copies of FF and then IE to try to help rule out browser specific silliness.

Try it and holler how it goes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version