ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

License Key BS

(1/5) > >>

net1tek:
There are too many free apps out there for someone to jump through all these hoops then this endless circle of click here and there to get license key. Count me out

cmpm:
Greetings and welcome to the DonationCoder.com License Key page.

The software from DonationCoder.com is free for individual use. The reason we require people to download a license key from us is to get them to take a look at our website and think about whether they might be willing to make a donation to this site. If you run a business with more than 4 employees see our commercial site-license page.

In order to encourage people to really consider making a donation, we have adopted a somewhat unusual policy for people who do not donate:

The free license key generated here will remove the reminder nag from the program for 6 months.
After 6 months the reminder will come back and you must return to this page to generate a new license key which will last for another 6 months.
After 1 year from your initial signup you can return to this page for a permanent non-expiring license key.
You don't have to make a decision right now, but for those who do choose to donate now we have a whole bunch of extra special benefits.

If you're not ready to make a donation at this time, but want to download a free key for one of the programs on this site, you'll first need to sign up at our forum, or log in if you already have an account.

Everything on our site is designed to work with your forum login, and we hope you'll find it a useful place to talk about software ideas and discoveries (signing up will only take a minute, you don't have to donate, and we promise not to send you spam or share your email address or login information with other sites).

--- End quote ---

Joe Hone:
There are too many free apps out there for someone to jump through all these hoops then this endless circle of click here and there to get license key. Count me out
-net1tek (June 29, 2013, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, I don't really know what you are talking about. After entering my DC license key one time, most downloads just work. Period. And while DC is a great place to find apps and programs not found elsewhere, I like it more so for the sense of community and mutual coding assistance and feedback provided by the regular posters. To that end, it were necessary to click here and there to get a license key, I wouldn't mind.

Tinman57:
-net1tek (June 29, 2013, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

The majority of those "free" apps you mention are either poorly coded or loaded with spyware, adware or malware.  All the apps on DoCo are of high quality and DO NOT have spyware, adware or any kind of malware.

A lot of those free apps your talking about don't have any support base, if you have a problem, your on your own.  Here at DoCo there's a very good support base not only from the user base, but also the coders of these apps.

If you make a nice donation you can have a key code that unlocks all the apps.  Nowhere else have I seen this.  I've been so impressed with the apps, support and updates that I've made 4 or 5 donations already.

40hz:
Bye! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version