ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Samsung Galaxy Android Camera EK-GC110 Anyone have real-world experience of it?

(1/3) > >>

cranioscopical:
My 'pocket' camera died and I need another.

Has anyone used one of these Galaxy Android cameras?

I like the idea but what worries me most is the trouble I have trying to read smart-phone displays out of doors. This is especially true on sunny days, of which I expect there to be at least two this year.

Thanks  :up:

nite_monkey:
I haven't used one personally, but if you want sound and video samples, here are two videos from a youtuber I regularly watch.
this one is inside
this one is outside

Ath:
what worries me most is the trouble I have trying to read smart-phone displays out of doors. This is especially true on sunny days,
-cranioscopical (June 28, 2013, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
Then you'll have to leave the rural areas and go into the modern world, find a shop that actually has one and test the guinea pig in the sun. You'd better pick a nice/bright day for this expedition ofc 8)

cranioscopical:
@nite_monkey: Thanks for the links. The reviews all seem to be silent on this topic.

@Ath: Surely you can't mean that I should leave the forest  :o
I'm afraid you're right. The next time the sun comes out so shall I.

cranioscopical:
To answer my own question, and in case anyone is interested, I can't see a thing on its screen in moderately bright daylight (as with my Galaxy phone).

When one can see it, this camera has a very slick interface and takes quite creditable pictures. One picture I took was a close-up of a store sign, separated from me by a five-lane road and a shopping plaza car park. Only when I enlarged that by a factor of roughly four did I begin to see a significant level of noise. I'm not good at holding a camera steady, and that shot was at quite a high zoom level but there was no sign of shake. From power off to ready was about 1.5 seconds. If were able to see what I was doing with it I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version