ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

10 signs you may have OCD

<< < (2/4) > >>

wraith808:
It would have been totally epic if there were only 9 signs on the list... :D

40hz:
It would have been totally epic if there were only 9 signs on the list... :D
-wraith808 (July 02, 2013, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D  ;D  ;D LOL! And agree! Or if one got repeated. :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
On a more serious note, I have been growing increasingly annoyed by the need for people to "diagnose" the psychological condition of everyone.  Depression, anxiety, OCD, etc.  I don't know why it bothers me so much (probably indicative of one of these conditions), but it does.  It seems to do more harm than good.  Like that person who points out the zit on your face, as if you're not already aware of it.  Just being a dick.  "What is that thing on your face?"  Shut up.

So what if someone washes their hands a lot.  Unless it's really a bad problem that is severely affecting their lives (how do you judge where the line is?) just leave them alone.  Some people organize things a little obsessively.  So what?  It's not bad!  There's some value to that!  Some people don't organize at all.  So what?!

And for some reason, it has been particularly prevalent in Los Angeles.  Maybe so in other places to, but I have really noticed it here lately.  Wives telling husbands all the little things wrong with them.  Bosses nitpicking every little thing here and there.  People are different.  Oh this person is antisocial, he likes to keep to himself, so creepy (me).  Oh that person is pretentious, always needing to talk a lot.  Where is this perfect balance they want?  Now, they'll hear me talking like this and say I have anger issues, why am I depressed?  Oh you're too negative (to me).  Oh you're too positive (me to them).  Sheesh.

I'll tell you one thing.  I haven't been able to do much really good things without getting pretty OCD about it.  Whether it's music, drawing, project management, etc.  I've read journals by great men who accomplished great things, and they were super OCD.  The Germans?  Please.

And the news in the media, oh the news.

I apologize for the rant.  And yes, I do enjoy a good rant every now and then.   :Thmbsup:

40hz:
I apologize for the rant.  And yes, I do enjoy a good rant every now and then.   :Thmbsup
-superboyac (July 02, 2013, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting...how do you feel about that?  ;)

Sorry. Couldn't resist. ;D

And on a more serious note, your point is well taken. :Thmbsup:

Tinman57:
On a more serious note, I have been growing increasingly annoyed by the need for people to "diagnose" the psychological condition of everyone.  Depression, anxiety, OCD, etc.  I don't know why it bothers me so much (probably indicative of one of these conditions), but it does.  It seems to do more harm than good.  Like that person who points out the zit on your face, as if you're not already aware of it.  Just being a dick.  "What is that thing on your face?"  Shut up.

So what if someone washes their hands a lot.  Unless it's really a bad problem that is severely affecting their lives (how do you judge where the line is?) just leave them alone.  Some people organize things a little obsessively.  So what?  It's not bad!  There's some value to that!  Some people don't organize at all.  So what?!

And for some reason, it has been particularly prevalent in Los Angeles.  Maybe so in other places to, but I have really noticed it here lately.  Wives telling husbands all the little things wrong with them.  Bosses nitpicking every little thing here and there.  People are different.  Oh this person is antisocial, he likes to keep to himself, so creepy (me).  Oh that person is pretentious, always needing to talk a lot.  Where is this perfect balance they want?  Now, they'll hear me talking like this and say I have anger issues, why am I depressed?  Oh you're too negative (to me).  Oh you're too positive (me to them).  Sheesh.

I'll tell you one thing.  I haven't been able to do much really good things without getting pretty OCD about it.  Whether it's music, drawing, project management, etc.  I've read journals by great men who accomplished great things, and they were super OCD.  The Germans?  Please.

And the news in the media, oh the news.

I apologize for the rant.  And yes, I do enjoy a good rant every now and then.   :Thmbsup:
-superboyac (July 02, 2013, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

It just depends on how bad your OCD is.  When it gets to the point that you can't work or socialize because your too busy washing your hands every 5 minutes, then it is a problem for these people.  Or the person that can't sleep because he/she gets up at all hours of the night to make sure that everything is in it's place.  Or the need to touch or count things.  These people do need help to control their obsessions in order to lead a relatively normal life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version