ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Question

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
never mind duplicates, i can see it here clearly now - i must have broken it with the past recent updates that changed the way shortcuts were launched.

kfitting:
Ok.  Here is my list, after removing the duplicates I found.  While we are listing the bug fixes, figured we could go ahead and make of list of desired things.  Is there any way to make one thread for bugs and another for wishlist?  And make it so that there is a list at the top of the thread with all the current items?  I envision something where people could write a reply with a feature request and then you or another moderator could decide if the feature request/bug "deserves" to be put at the top.  This would save having to read through pages of people chatting just to see if things have already been requested.  Sorry, rambled there...

Bugs:
- Refresh rate of GUI is too high (according to me).  An adjustable refresh rate would be nice.
- Focus is lost too easily: Start FR, launch an app.  While that app is opening start FR again to launch a second app.  Now the first app comes up, relegating FR to the background with no hope of rescue!  [FR should always be on top. (?)]
- This may be just me.  Having trouble launching the lnk for CDBurnerXP Pro 3 (have to laugh after having read that program naming thread... this one has most of the cliches!  Decent piece of software though.).  No other lnk files seem to give trouble however.
- Posted by mario_a: You might want to mention somewhere in the Help file that the "-tray" command line parameter launches the main program (FindAndRunRobot.exe) in tray mode.
- Posted by mario_a: On the "Configuration" tab of the Options window, all items except "Stop search exact alias match" show help text on the status bar when the mouse is hovered over them. (my version shows the "start automatically with windows" help)
- When right clicking on the column header there is an entry with target spelled "tagret."

Wishlist: (Just for organizational purposes, not next release)
- launch urls from GUI (ie type: www.google.com or google.com to go to open your browser and go to google)
- Hotkeys (like win+c opens opera... my favorite hotkey!)
- change which columns to show and order in GUI
- browse button in GUI for choosing folders to search
- posted by piedone: maybe it would also be possbile to search for something...and when you find it...to assign it an alias...for easy finding. click right mouse button on a result and assign it a name....; next search...it can be also found by that alias.
- Posted by nudone:  could you implement a feature that allowed searches to be done. say, type 'g vintage cars' and up pops google with the search completed for 'vintage cars'.
- What about regular expressions?

Kevin

kfitting:
Did I answer the focus question fully?  Also, I will be around some tomorrow morning, but then from mid afternoon till Saturday afternoonish I will be working overtime at work... something about getting bugs fixed before the next round of testing begins ;)  But, I will to attempt to try any betas when i have time.  Thanks, and let me know if you have any other questions,

Kevin

mouser:
ok let me work on this stuff and see what i can get fixed.

mouser:
we will do a wish list thread after the bugs are fixed,
i am very open to adding some smart stuff in the next version and adding features like being able to do things like using F&R to launch web pages, run scripts, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version