ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any way to automate news compilation (rss feeds, websites, etc.) daily?

<< < (5/5)

40hz:
Can't you just combine the feeds with a RSS mixer (examples : http://blueblots.com/tools/rss-feeds/)

And then use this one feed each day to get your book?

If you want an extra feed or one less, you can jsut do it on the service instead of in calibre.
-DeVamp (February 16, 2012, 06:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Never heard of this before. Thanks for sharing! :Thmbsup: I will definitely be checking this one out.
 :)

iphigenie:
Feedly feels a bit like what you describe, but I'm sure you've seen it

I used java client blogbridge for a while, and while it is not a browser, it does have a mode that has that "one paper" feel a bit.

iphigenie:
Just had a quick look in my curation link list. This is a bit strange since it needs an app/software then generates a page, but it's not far from your description http://www.genieo.com/

IainB:
...What I was hoping for was something that could support a few different collections of RSS feeds. Something that could take three different feed lists and use them to produce a daily newspaper, a weekly journal, and a monthly magazine, all on an fully automated basis.
calibre can't do that. But it's soooo close it makes me want to scream.
But that won't accomplish anything worthwhile.
So now I'm firing up my email program and composing an extremely polite message to calibre's developer Kovid Goyal to ask what it would take to get that capability added. ...
-40hz (February 15, 2012, 03:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
@40hz: I had cross-linked your post on this to the Re: Calibre - e-Book (Personal Library/Document) Management - Mini-Review, and as I am in the process of updating that Mini-Review, I wondered whether you had some news/response from  Kovid Goyal. If you do, then could you please post it here? I could add it in to the update.
Many thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version