ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 7 History

<< < (2/3) > >>

dr_andus:
And Direct Folders is pretty handy for jumping to the last used folder (especially when dialog box is already open)

sicknero:
Thanks for the suggestions dr_andus.

Direct Folders I've used before but have moved onto other apps now that achieve the same end, RecentX I had a look at and it seems to be the same kind of thing.

There's a difference here which perhaps I've not explained very well - on the one hand there are various programs that add themselves to Windows to provide quick access to recently/commonly used folders and files, such as Direct Folders, Listary, and Folder Menu 3 (my own favourite, along with QTTB).

In this thread however I'm talking about something that will allow the user to examine Windows history in detail, what was accessed/changed yesterday, last week, last month.

Something like, I guess, the Windows Event Viewer but simpler and more focused on basic file operations etc. Of course it's quite likely that I've just not learnt how to make Event Viewer do what I want...

Thanks for your input nevertheless :) I always like to hear of alternatives to programs I'm already using.

dr_andus:
In this thread however I'm talking about something that will allow the user to examine Windows history in detail, what was accessed/changed yesterday, last week, last month.

Something like, I guess, the Windows Event Viewer but simpler and more focused on basic file operations etc. Of course it's quite likely that I've just not learnt how to make Event Viewer do what I want...
-sicknero (June 27, 2013, 06:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I see. I was about to suggest Nemo, but that only focuses on the history of certain file types, not all file operations, as far as I know.

sicknero:
Actually Nemo looks as if it might be really useful in a different way... bookmarked for later try-out, thanks for the link  :up:

Curt:
I was about to suggest Nemo,... -dr_andus (June 27, 2013, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

WHY does it install into /AppData ? Is "AppData" the new "Program Files"??
I hate it when they change my world without telling me!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version