ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help me choose my next smartphone

<< < (5/7) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Any interest in the Nokia Lumia 1020 with the 41-megapixel camera coming out this month. It's only available on AT&T, so that may be something against it. You may want to wait for hands-on user reviews and experience about it.

superboyac:
Any interest in the Nokia Lumia 1020 with the 41-megapixel camera coming out this month. It's only available on AT&T, so that may be something against it. You may want to wait for hands-on user reviews and experience about it.
-Arizona Hot (July 13, 2013, 11:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
I personally think the hype of the 41 megapixel camera is stupid.  Not that the camera isn't great.  I find that it distracts from some of the more important windows phone related issues that could be addressed.  how about adding just a tad of customize-ability to the phone?  a lot of users have made some fantastic suggestions for small ways to improve the phone, and there is nothing.  all these stupid updates that don't do anything.  Seriously, they have updated things like the "about" screen more times than actually updating some things that add functionality to the phone.  how about adding a "select all" feature for emails?  little things like this.  how about giving some control over the fu--ing volume?  cmon, it would take one person a week to do these things.  i can't tell you how sick i am of just hype in general.

even something like navigating the music library is a complete pain.  there aren't enough buttons to go back and not enough options to do things with the playlists and stuff.  my biggest complaint with the phone is that it has been way too over simplified.  it's almost like the goal with apple and microsoft (microsoft being the worse of the two actually) is how much functionality can we cram into a single button? if it tap it it does this, if i hold it it does that, etc.  and that would be fine, but even the settings and options don't even have anything in there.  so many times on the windows phone, you will go into a settings or option for something, only to find the most minimal amount of things available, it will blow your mind.  There's a screen that tells you the specs of your phone...on that screen there's a "more" button.  if you press it, it shows you...get this...a few more lines of specs.  what the f--k is that?  just put them all on the screen?  what are you, saving me from reading 4 more specs out of 100?  such idiotic, careless, i don't give a f--k decisions with MS lately.

there's a settings menu labeled "network+".  what's inside?  just a toggle for call waiting.  what the hell is that?

Don't get me wrong, I like the phone, it's pretty smooth overall.  This negative/cynical reaction of mine is more of a response to all the hype, which in no way matches the reality of the phone.  it's just a nice phone.  it will get you through the day, nothing to write home about.  but this hyping of everything has been a bad problem since the economy went down.  maybe all the QE money went into marketing or something, i don't know.  seems like all the big companies are doing their best to super-steroid overhype anything that is within their grasp.  man i must be in a bad mood or something...time for bed.

Shades:
Bill Gates was a tech and when he was leading the company, there were real advances in their software (granted, it was either bullied from x, bought from x or made in-house), now an accountant is ruling the company and see that there are no real advances anymore. More wind-bagging and less substance unfortunately require hype...

Arizona Hot:

If I had your experience about the phone, I would never have mentioned it. All I knew was that it was a new phone coming out with a extreme camera.

Arizona Hot:
I personally think the hype of the 41 megapixel camera is stupid.-superboyac (July 14, 2013, 01:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

If I had your experience about the phone, I would never have mentioned it. All I knew was that it was a new phone coming out with a extreme camera.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version