ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Blowback from Snowden's revelations... this isn't pretty...

<< < (3/5) > >>

wraith808:
I'm guessing "somebody" got cautioned. And in no uncertain terms.
-40hz (June 25, 2013, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah... all it takes is a not-so-circuitous reference to the grassy knoll to put them in line...

I still remember the last big thing that Kennedy said before that fateful day about the powers-behind-the-throne and blowing the lid on the whole thing.

Meanwhile having watched a few James Bond movies, if this Ed Snowden critter basically did one of the "top five worst acts of treason" ever, why is it this hard to take him down? What am I not getting that a nice infiltrator team with a $25 million budget including some payoffs can't get done in a week? Or does *that* create the "Game Changer" martyr they're desperately trying to avoid? Why all this prancing around with the spin campaign?!
-TaoPhoenix (June 25, 2013, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Because the movies make the work look easier than it is, and Snowden is (was) an insider.  He's no babe in the woods... I think he did his research long before-hand, especially into what happened to the other NSA whistleblowers.

40hz:
Have we forgotten so fast that the other ticket was *McCain-Palin*?!!
Does anyone want to speculate what *they* would have done, once in power?!!
-TaoPhoenix (June 25, 2013, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, it's pretty much always come down to settling rather than choosing in every election I was ever old enough to vote in.

Except for the last election.

Last election I left the president and VP lines on my ballot blank.

wraith808:
Well, it's pretty much always come down to settling rather than choosing in every election I was ever old enough to vote in.
-40hz (June 25, 2013, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why settle for the lesser evil?  Cthulhu for President!

(Really... when I don't have a choice, I write in Cthulhu... what?  ;D)

40hz:
-40hz (June 25, 2013, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why settle for the lesser evil?  Cthulhu for President!

(Really... when I don't have a choice, I write in Cthulhu... what?  ;D)
-wraith808 (June 25, 2013, 05:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

LOL! I almost voted Elder Party in 2008. (Then I decided at the last second it was too important an election to screw around about.)

:Thmbsup:

Stoic Joker:
I'm guessing "somebody" got cautioned. And in no uncertain terms.
-40hz (June 25, 2013, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've always felt that Obama truly wanted to make a difference in the beginning. Shortly before getting a rude awakening when he got into office regarding which end if the proverbial strings he was actually getting attached to. Because all the real power is in the hands of off board players that constantly lurk in the shadows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version