ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (80/139) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
"Don't make the Internetz angry. You wouldn't like the Internetz when it gets angry!"

:D

IainB:
I find this all hard to believe. It's surreal.
However, if it is all true, then the current POTUS, who might already be under serious public scrutiny for foul-ups on his watch, has apparently been outed by his own public statements being contradicted by his own government functionaries, showing him up as having been lying over the matter of the NSA surveillance at least, if not some other stuff as well.
I find that amazing - that his own government functionaries could seem to have so blatantly outed him:
US denies Obama knew of Merkel spying
...Bild am Sonntag newspaper quoted US intelligence sources as saying that America's National Security Agency chief General Keith Alexander had briefed Obama on the operation against Merkel in 2010. ...

--- End quote ---

Maybe he's been chosen as the one to be thrown under a bus.

Renegade:
Maybe he's been chosen as the one to be thrown under a bus.
-IainB (October 28, 2013, 07:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Could be.

General Keith Alexander is reportedly moving out of his position as head of the NSA. Hmm... Bus avoidance strategies?

dr_andus:
However, if it is all true, then the current POTUS, who might already be under serious public scrutiny for foul-ups on his watch, has apparently been outed by his own public statements being contradicted by his own government functionaries, showing him up as having been lying over the matter of the NSA surveillance at least, if not some other stuff as well.
-IainB (October 28, 2013, 07:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Lying is part of everyday diplomacy of negotiating conflicting demands; we all do this in our daily realities, so it's unrealistic to expect that somehow politicians should never ever lie.

I think the more interesting issue is that the security apparatus thought they can subdue this new technology (the internets and wireless tech) and abuse it for their own purposes, and it's now the very pliability and versatility of the same technology that exposes their malfeasance (defined as the breaking of the constitution and the moral code--or at least its semblance--of friendship with allies). Now suddenly it doesn't look all that clever to be using information technology for absolutely everything--just because you can.

Renegade:
Lying is part of everyday diplomacy of negotiating conflicting demands; we all do this in our daily realities, so it's unrealistic to expect that somehow politicians should never ever lie.
-dr_andus (October 28, 2013, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

But when we lie to them, we go to prison.

Sorry. I don't buy it at all. No lying. Period. Ever. Categorically. Imperatively. ;) You just Kant lie. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version