ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (75/139) > >>

wraith808:
Holy @#$!

I'll just leave this here...

http://cryptome.org/2013/10/lavabit-orders.pdf

I started to download it in case it 'disappears'.  But... that's hot stuff.

What I really like is the last page... Lavabit tells the federales to suck it by giving them the requested 2048-bit private key in text.

At approximately 1:30 p.m. EDT on August 2, 2013, Mr. Levison gave the FBI a printout of what he represented to be the encryption keys needed to operate the pen register. This printout, in what appears to be 4-point type, consists of 11 pages of largely illegible characters. See Attachment A. (The attachment was created by scanning the document provided by Mr. Levison; the original document was described by the Dallas FBI agents as slightly clearer than the scanned copy but nevertheless illegible .) Moreover, each of the five encryption keys contains 512 individual characters - or a total of 2560 characters. To make use of these keys, the FBI would have to manually input all 2560 characters, and one incorrect keystroke in this laborious process would render the FBI collection system incapable of collecting decrypted data.

--- End quote ---

TaoPhoenix:
There's an "obstruction" charge in there if he is not careful. It makes for great "copy". But then the $300,000 fine 22 days later is not so fun!
 :o

Renegade:
Holy @#$!

I'll just leave this here...

http://cryptome.org/2013/10/lavabit-orders.pdf

I started to download it in case it 'disappears'.  But... that's hot stuff.

What I really like is the last page... Lavabit tells the federales to suck it by giving them the requested 2048-bit private key in text.

At approximately 1:30 p.m. EDT on August 2, 2013, Mr. Levison gave the FBI a printout of what he represented to be the encryption keys needed to operate the pen register. This printout, in what appears to be 4-point type, consists of 11 pages of largely illegible characters. See Attachment A. (The attachment was created by scanning the document provided by Mr. Levison; the original document was described by the Dallas FBI agents as slightly clearer than the scanned copy but nevertheless illegible .) Moreover, each of the five encryption keys contains 512 individual characters - or a total of 2560 characters. To make use of these keys, the FBI would have to manually input all 2560 characters, and one incorrect keystroke in this laborious process would render the FBI collection system incapable of collecting decrypted data.

--- End quote ---
-wraith808 (October 03, 2013, 11:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great find! Thanks for posting that!

Here's 1 page for those that don't want to download the PDF:

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

I've posted that as a thumbnail, but it's no more readable if you enlarge it. (Nice going Lavabit!  :Thmbsup: ) It starts on page 145.

The quote wraith posted is page 140-141 in the PDF.

Regarding this part:

The printout, in what appears to be 4-point type, consists of 11 pages of largely illegible characters.
--- End quote ---

C'mon! They have microscopes. They were just being unreasonably obtuse! :P They got what they asked for. But noooo! Rather than just do a little bit of work, they'd rather waste time and file legal-mumbo-jumbo. :P Lazy. Just plain lazy! :P

Renegade:
Interesting:

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130930/16175624702/three-months-after-it-cleared-100k-signature-threshold-pardon-snowden-petition-still-unanswered.shtml

Three Months After It Cleared The 100K Signature Threshold, 'Pardon Snowden' Petition Still Unanswered
--- End quote ---

Renegade:
From the EFF:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/10/how-nsa-deploys-malware-new-revelations

How The NSA Deploys Malware: An In-Depth Look at the New Revelations
--- End quote ---

Phishing + MitM? Sigh...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version