ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (27/139) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
If this were true though, then why doesn't the US let Snowden leave Moscow, so he could be more easily apprehended in Latin America?
-dr_andus (July 09, 2013, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Some of us on Slashdot used to call this the "Microsoft Effect" where there was such a confusing mix of brilliant malice and mind-twisting incompetence that, to (just now) paraphrase Orwell, you could no longer tell which was which.

So the fact that they are even "playing" this Snowden Game (and didn't sniper him on the spot and put a Kill Order to the media), means at least a few really scary people are involved. But then the specific handling of it all is mighty confusing as well. Wouldn't China and Russia working together really want to make USA grumpy? So why are they "semi-caving"?

For me, I have to just let it drift by, because I can't afford the medical fees to unwrap my mind from becoming  pretzel.

TaoPhoenix:

See, this is disturbing when the Tin Foil Hats are right! More fun from Snowden saying that Microsoft was handing the NSA access to stuff. In an unrelated story, HP is apparently *still* (?!!) putting backdoors into its stuff.

dr_andus:
Aviation insiders say Snowden’s chances of reaching Venezuela are slim at best

Renegade:
Aviation insiders say Snowden’s chances of reaching Venezuela are slim at best
-dr_andus (July 12, 2013, 03:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Still crossing my fingers...

But, I've not really been poking fun at anyone lately, so, might as well have a few laughs. :P ;)

The president outlined last week that these were important national security programs to help keep Americans safe and give us tools to fight the terrorist threat that we face.-House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio)
--- End quote ---
Source

The general public are terrorists? Oh. Didn't know that. Should I turn myself in now or later?

He took an oath — that oath is important. He violated the oath, he violated the law. It’s an act of treason in my view.-Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calf.)
--- End quote ---
Source

Oaths? Yeah. They're pretty serious business. For sure. I'm with ya so far...

I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.-Oath of office of the President of the United States
--- End quote ---
Source

Gee! The Prez gets his very own!

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. [So help me God.]-Oath of all US Congressmen, Senators, the Vice President, members of the Cabinet, federal judges, civil and military officers, and federal employees
--- End quote ---
Source

And all you "lesser beings" get a generic version. Oh well. Don't think that you're not still special. You have a special place waiting for you in Hell. :P

* Associated Press phone records, etc. - Amendment 1
* Ammunition tax - Amendment 2
* Police use of private residence (1 example) - Amendment 3
* PRISM - Amendment 4
* Anwar al-Awlaki - Amendment 5
Yes, please Madam Feinstein. Please do send the traitors to prison... Would you care to go first? :P

There have been many times over the last while that I've laughed so hard I nearly pissed myself. Politicians make damn good comedians if you actually listen to what they say. :P

dr_andus:
But, I've not really been poking fun at anyone lately, so, might as well have a few laughs. :P ;)
-Renegade (July 12, 2013, 06:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

h/t Nerdcore

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version