ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (14/139) > >>

tomos:
^I'm not sure that they're "cowed" - they've always pretty much just played along with most of what the US wants. But that *is* shocking - and they searched the plane in Vienna!!! Oddly, the Bolivians deny this :huh: - I wonder do they consider it an embarrasment that it happened. I mean why would Austria say the plane was searched if it wasn't :-\

Stoic Joker:
Any chance that this made President Evo Morales mad enough to grant Snowden asylum out of spite? Hell I'll stick a Bolivian flag in my front yard if he does that! :D

40hz:
I'm not sure that they're "cowed"
-tomos (July 03, 2013, 06:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

No?

Hmm...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

To:        All Member Nations of the EU and South America

Subject:  Snowden

Here's the deal:

The US would consider it a gesture of good faith that you neither offer nor assist Mr. Snowden in obtaining political asylum, nor grant him free passage through your airspace.

In return, our NSA agrees not to go public with all the information it has meticulously compiled on all the dirty dealings of your government - as well as the frankly criminal "activities" and questionable "lifestyles" of many of your elected officials.

Do we have a deal? No need to directly respond to this offer. Actions speak louder than words.

We'll be watching!  :)

Thanking you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

P.S. Remember - what comes around goes around - and one hand washes the other!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it went something like that. :-\

dr_andus:
^I'm not sure that they're "cowed" - they've always pretty much just played along with most of what the US wants.
-tomos (July 03, 2013, 06:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess you're right. Europeans didn't seem to have a problem with CIA planes zipping around in their airspace with "extraordinarily rendered" people on board, sometimes kidnapped from their own streets.

wraith808:
I think it went something like that.
-40hz (July 03, 2013, 07:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's classic  ;D  And probably true  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version