ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (5/139) > >>

wraith808:
If Snowden is caught and brought to trial, here's what I think the next move ought to be:

Snowden should claim that everything he said previously was a lie. And there's no law against telling lies to our enemies, right?

To make its case, the government would need to prove that the stuff Snowden said really was true, thus forcing the government to admit, at the very least, the truth of Snowden's claims.
-CWuestefeld (June 25, 2013, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

That increases the trolling to even more epic levels.  I LOVE IT!

Of course, without a public trial, it's not really a help... but still...

TaoPhoenix:
If Snowden is caught and brought to trial, here's what I think the next move ought to be:

Snowden should claim that everything he said previously was a lie. And there's no law against telling lies to our enemies, right?

To make its case, the government would need to prove that the stuff Snowden said really was true, thus forcing the government to admit, at the very least, the truth of Snowden's claims.
-CWuestefeld (June 25, 2013, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nah CW, that's too "programmer logical". I'll bet a buck that's not one of the many scenarios.

Apparently this guy is "sorta smart" - hence by "not entering official Russian space" (staying in the airport) and I think another story said he trolled a bunch of journalists into burning two days on a wild goose chase to Cuba, he's done a little bit of homework.

So whatever precisely the story ends up, I believe it won't just be a "hush hush now go back to TV". They have to build a bigger box than that.

Lemme try a couple of the more tinfoil theories - what if they nominally leave him alive and then use him a a new bogeyman to pass even more ugly laws?  Lemme put it this way - has anyone yet noticed a bit of a similarity to Bin Laden with a different "mood"? B.L. crashes a plane into the twin tower and a trillion dollars worth of security spending couldn't get him? But some little twerp shows off the agency surveillance program and now we think we can nail him inside of a month?!!

40hz:
-wraith808 (June 25, 2013, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

This lad will never come to trial if those in a position to try him have anything to say about it.

wraith808:
-wraith808 (June 25, 2013, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

This lad will never come to trial if those in a position to try him have anything to say about it.
-40hz (June 25, 2013, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah... that was my point.  And if he does, it won't be in any shape or form public.  National Security, natch.

40hz:
Ok...it's 17:15 EDT on 25-Jun-2013.

Mssr. Putin has just confirmed Mr. Snowden is currently standing in the 'international area' in Moscow's airport.

The US is insisting Russia has the legal authority to expel him immediately, and is insisting they do so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version