ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (3/139) > >>

app103:
In related humor:

Carol Haynes:
LOL - spot on.

Next step will be to start extradition on sex charges, terrorism or anything else they can dream up.

When are the American people going to stand up and say 'not in our name' .... 'no more'.

Beggars belief (but then so does the UK for knowing using all this stuff illegally too).

Ashamed to say my MP is William Hague, the UK Foreign Secretary. His response was 'nothing to worry about if you haven't done anything wrong'. Isn't that almost the definition of a Totalitarian State?

TaoPhoenix:
Next step will be to start extradition on sex charges, terrorism or anything else they can dream up.

When are the American people going to stand up and say 'not in our name' .... 'no more'.
-Carol Haynes (June 24, 2013, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

I dunno, the "mood" of this one feels different. They can't make a sex charge the *only* one. That's got shades of Clinton all over it. Guy says "Hai, I hav ur secrets from the nsa, naanaaa", They can't switch to the sex angle this time because it's too close to home. So they are certainly trying to spin him as a terrorist, but it's different.

Watch it be another 3 year campaign to spill over into the elections!

:o

40hz:
-Carol Haynes (June 24, 2013, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Charges? Evidence? Legal Extradition? Trial? Oh what a gentle world it would be if that were the plan.

I think it's going to be something more like rendition, full envelope intrusion, containment, and extrajudical proceedings. Remember, they now have the 'legal authority' to do these things.

And they ought to know. Because these people wrote the bloody laws which gave them such authority while this nation slept or sat around watching Dancing with the Network Stars.

I doubt this guy will ever really stand trial. If he's lucky (relatively speaking) he'll be allowed to cop a plea and be sworn to remain silent once (not if) he's taken into US custody. But I think it more likely he will 'escape' and ultimately disappear - never to be seen again. Because there is no way they'll ever want to see this guy testify - even at a closed and absolutely secret trial. Because the more that becomes known, the worse and worse it looks for those responsible.

Tinman57:
I doubt this guy will ever really stand trial. If he's lucky , he'll be allowed to cop a plea if he's apprehended. But  I think it more likely he will 'escape' and ultimately disappear - never to be seen again. Because there is no way they'll ever want to see this guy testify - even at a closed and absolutely secret trial. Because the more that becomes known, the worse and worse it looks for those responsible. -40hz (June 24, 2013, 07:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can just about bet your paycheck that if it does go to trial it will be a Top Secret trial with no news of what's happening other than "Court is in session".  It may even be tried by a military or congressional tribunal because of the nature of the charges and the secret content.  They won't let just any federal judge, or jury for that matter, preside over a top secret trial.  Every person involved, from the judge to the lawyers to the court reporter, will be required to have a top secret security clearance.   :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version