ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Knight to queen's bishop 3 - Snowden charged with espionage.

<< < (10/139) > >>

TaoPhoenix:

If we consider just *how amazingly many* countries are out there, the same 20 keep showing up making news in these kinds of "modern topics", and 10 of them are West European. So I really hadn't even thought about Ecuador until these two news items. I haven't heard much of *any* of the South American countries. Are they all that poor as to be irrelevant? Or is it a subtle news source bias?

The service Mr. Snowden needs is in some ways pretty low-tech: "Hi, I want to hang out in a two-room unit of your embassy and not die or get sent back. Please give me a ham sandwich twice a day too."

But my guess is so many of those countries are so poor that one good knock on the door will make them buckle over something like this!

app103:
But my guess is so many of those countries are so poor that one good knock on the door will make them buckle over something like this!
-TaoPhoenix (June 28, 2013, 12:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Especially when that knock comes from the only country ever known to use nuclear weapons against an enemy.

TaoPhoenix:
--- End quote ---

Especially when that knock comes from the only country ever known to use nuclear weapons against an enemy.
-app103 (June 28, 2013, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe, but I'll go and say it's not even the nukes anymore - those are so "old and busted" via mutual destruction.

More dangerous is the crispy new trend to through out the laws we have, invent new ones, and then break those* to get whatever the desired result is!

(Seen what Scalia's been up to on the Supes-Court lately!?)

40hz:
--- End quote ---

-app103 (June 28, 2013, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup. I think this should be affixed to the cornerstone of  the White House the way things are playing out theses days:

But seriously, who needs big clunky city busters, and all that collateral property damage, when you have a large collection of these toys at your disposal?

----

Addendum: Oops! Looks like T-Man is on the same wavelength and got in ahead of my post. ;D :Thmbsup:

TaoPhoenix:
The next move is very important.  He's right now in a limbo sort of state as Russia won't go after him.  The next place might not be so forgiving.  This isn't the first time this has happened, i.e. political refugee stuck in an airport.
-40hz (June 28, 2013, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Snowden did a classic castling move when he left the US.

Washington's has the next move - right after this short break. 8)
[/quote]

Hehe unless going to Hong Kong was Castling, then going to Russia is Kh1 getting out of the line of check on the dark diagonal? Russia knows a thing or two about chess!
:D

But he can't stay there *forever*, so he needs a good solidifying move. Who will jump into the game?

And I'm missing some of the necessary news stories in the process to equate to the moves. And who are the other pieces on Snowden's side?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version