ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bug Bounty From MS

<< < (2/2)

Tinman57:
So basically they want you to keep all the bugs you find a secret so that you can be the only person claiming the bounty. This way no-one will put all the bugs up on the net to be laughed at.

Smooth move.
-Fred Nerd (June 24, 2013, 06:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

But the biggest issue is MS gets to decide how much the bug report is worth based on their "Subjective Criteria".  Of course to save themselves a lot of money, all they have to say is "Oh, this bug isn't that big of a deal or important enough to give you very much money....

Stoic Joker:
If somebody dug up three bugs looking to get paid for them, and MS didn't have a decent going rate type price for the first one... I bet the other two would get offered to somebody else first.

Just sayin'... ;)

Tinman57:
If somebody dug up three bugs looking to get paid for them, and MS didn't have a decent going rate type price for the first one... I bet the other two would get offered to somebody else first.

Just sayin'... ;)
-Stoic Joker (June 24, 2013, 03:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hear the Russian Mafia pays big bucks for bugs, especially for ones that allow back doors and such....   :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version